Tuesday, September 23, 2008

PeTA and the whole Crazy Vego Thing.

Wow, so like, seriously PETA, what's going on? I'm on board with the whole "not killing to eat" thing. You're right on with that. Killing animals isn't necessary to our nutrition, so why do it? I agree, and as a result, I don't eat meat. Veganism is something I've considered. It's a big commitment though, so we'll see where life takes me.

But this isn't about me. This is about you. I've had some troubles with you in the past. You guys have worked with Playboy before. Playboy has actively commodified the female body since its inception. Can't we all agree that that's a bad thing? I'm all about stopping animal cruelty, but at the expense of the female body?

Oh, and then the AIDS thing. This one is rich folks. The Vice-President of PeTA has issued a statement saying that they would rather live in a world without a cure for AIDS than have animals mistreated. Okay, I disagree with that statement, but I see what the dude was saying. He went on to cram the foot hovering near the opening in his face far down his veggie-fed gullet. The dude said something along the lines of "AIDS is a disease that can be prevented, so why cure it?" Okay, I'm simplifying, but really, that crosses a line that you shouldn't have crossed dude.

And now there's this gem. Okay, I get it, you want humans to feel the pain that we inpart on animals. But seriously guys, the rest of the world thinks you're a bunch of dicks. And you know what, I tend to agree.

1 comment:

luuucy312 said...

i didn't know peta worked with playboy. i did know however that they use alicia silverstone's naked body to sell veganism to insecure adolescent girls. i hate peta too.