Saturday, July 26, 2008

P-E-D-E-R-A-S-T-Y, What the fuck's wrong with this guy?


So the bass player in my band (that's right, Tim; my band) invited me to the Mets Game on Friday night. It was a good game, and I'm glad I got to Shea before they closed that motherfucking eyesore.

But let me begin by discussing what Tim already discussed in his shitty blog. Some dude was totally wasted next to us (there were five of us, and we had a box to ourselves [pretty fucking sweet]) and he seemed to not realize we noticed. At first he screamed something about Tatis at a fairly random time (Tatis at least wasn't up I don't think). That's annoying, but fairly normal douche-bag behavior at a baseball game. It got more awful. There was a group of girls whose average age was somewhere between 14 and 16 and he was talking to them in a sort of creepy pedophile way. We thought he may have been trying to offer them beer in exchange for services that if described here would get me in trouble with people who think the internet is a series of tubes. This continued throughout the night. However, by making any further assumptions than I already have would make me a worse person than I already am.

Tim mentioned the guy who accidentally tripped me and said he thought they weren't necessarily obnoxious drunken assholes. Tim is very naive. They were assholes.

Anyway, the game was good. Mets won 7-2 and Pelfrey is unstoppable. Someone hit their first major league home run. Good for that dude.

I'd like to take this time to point out that Shea Stadium is fantastically ugly. Like, really, unbelievably ugly. It's this awful blue awful mess in Queens (an awful Borough). The new stadium is nice, looks like any other baseball stadium, but at least it isn't blue and shitty.

I'm making my last journey to Yankees Stadium on Wednesday and look forward to it with bated breath. Fuck the Red Sox and Rays.

Photo courtesy of google.

No comments: