Friday, August 29, 2008

Fillings and Shit


God fucking damn it! Today I had to get some fillings because my teeth are weak (or bad oral hygiene, but my oral hygiene is average at worst). Anyway, it took four syringes of Novocaine before the dentist was convinced that my mouth was fine. The result was drool all over my face, me speaking like someone with an extra Y-chromosome, and BLINDING FUCKING PAIN when the dentist put the drill in my tooth.

The pain was really intense. But the dentist said that it was partly mental. It wasn't. I'm something of a man of science, a scienced-ologist if you will, so I don't really believe in physical pain being mental. The pain was from the drill screeching into my tooth nerve. But her saying that got me thinking, maybe it wasn't the pain that made me want to kill everyone around me today. Maybe it's the searing boredom. Long Island offers me very little these days, and I just can't wait to be gone.

You know what, that's probably the SEARING PAIN talking.

2 comments:

luuucy312 said...

that's a nice illustration john, really gets the point across

John Barrett said...

I feel it suited the subject matter nicely.