Sunday, August 3, 2008

Ain't no College Grad Kids

I was contemplating titling this post "Feeling Gay: An Afternoon with Black Lips." But they didn't play that song, and there is already a picture associated with this post of a man with less pants than I am usually comfortable with.

Anyway, to the task at hand.

I saw these Atlanta based "flower punk"ers this afternoon for free. In his introduction, King Kahn referred to them as "the best rock and roll band since the Troggs." At first, this seemed like an exaggeration, but when I thought about it, it made sense. If you're favorite rock and roll band is the Troggs, then it is highly likely that Black Lips are the best band since.

They are also poised to take over the world.

I haven't really done my research on this, so I will back up this claim in later posts, but for now, I recommend that all two of my readers check out black lips before they own you.

Also check out anything King Kahn is associated with.

No comments: