Thursday, November 13, 2008

MBTA again

Okay, before we get into this, I want to point out that I have no general problem with the people who work for the MBTA, I just HATE the company they work for.

Today as I went to take the T back from Boylston St. I decided I wanted to get lunch first. That seems reasonable, and I have a monthly pass, so it doesn't cost me anything to go in and out quickly. When I came back with My burrito the card didn't work. I alerted the dude working at the station that I had a monthly pass, but that the T pass reading thing kept saying that the card didn't have sufficient funds. Total bullshit. He informed me that there was a 20 minute time thing between uses. I commented that that was ridiculous (which it is, it's absolutely fucking ridiculous.) He opened the gate for me, and I thanked him. He then said, "You're welcome." Fine, that seems perfectly friendly. As I walked past him he shouted "You're welcome" in that "hey douchebag, you didn't say 'thank you'" way that douchebags do. I replied by saying, VERY ANGRILY that I had already told him "Thank You."

So, T guy, if you read this, fuck you! I take back my thank you. Don't think that just because you work for the company that proves man's infinite weakness that you have the right to be a dick to me. I'm sorry that in the very near future your job will be in jeopardy due to the fact that the MBTA is a fucking blackhole for money, and I'm sorry that you work for a company that sucks so hard that no one pays you a modicum of respect, but Jesus Christ! don't be a dick to me.

I'm not going to let the shittiness of this one guy and the company works for tarnish the view I have of other MBTA workers, but MBTA workers, let him serve as a lesson. Don't be a dick.

No comments: